Washington DC Trip
8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
Trip dates: Tuesday, April 30 to Saturday, May 4, 2024
Students NOT Registered:
As of this time, all three buses for the Washington, D.C. trip are full. Students not yet registered, but are still interested in attending the trip must sign up for the waitlist. If there are any cancellations that occur, Corporate Travel will be in contact with you to have you moved to the main list. Families interested in joining the waitlist should contact Mr. Yu.
Students who are registered for the trip should continue making payments through Corporate Travel. Final payments are due to Corporate Travel by March 15, 2024. No payments are accepted at Geisler Middle School. Fundraising profits have been applied to DC trip accounts.
- Student rooming group forms are due on Wednesday, January 24. Mr. Yu will be meeting with students who do had incomplete rooming on Monday, January 29.
- Medication forms will be distributed in early February. ALL medication (over-the-counter and prescribed) require an Authorization to Administer form with a physician’s signature. The forms are due back after spring break except in extenuating circumstances.
- SAVE THE DATE! Our parent pre-trip meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30pm in the GMS Cafeteria. Students will have their own meeting prior to departure, but they are welcome to attend this meeting as well.
Our last fundraiser for the year will begin January 26 and run through February 9. Fundraising packets can be picked up in social studies classes and information will be shared in Mr. Riley’s parent newsletter. This fundraiser will also be open to our 6th & 7th grade students who would like to start raising funds for their trip.
We thank the many parents who expressed interest in chaperoning this trip. After reviewing our interest applications, we have reached out to the parents we feel would be good chaperones on our trip. If you expressed interest and did not hear back, please continue checking your email from Mr. Yu in the event another chaperone is no longer able to commit to chaperoning the trip.
- Trip Brochure
- Corporate Travel Registration
- REQUIRED CFAR Insurance Information
- Behavior Contract
- Permission Slip
- Parent Chaperone Interest Form
- Sample Itinerary (2023 Trip)
- Parent Meeting Presentation
- Corporate Travel Presentation
- General Trip Questions
- Contact Corporate Travel