James R. Geisler Middle School is proud to offer a wide variety of athletic experiences. We provide opportunities in 9 different sports for our students across four seasons.
The strength of a pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.Rudyard kipling
- Away Game Locations Map
- MHSAA Concussion Protocol
- MHSAA Physical Form
- MHSAA Return to Activity & Post-Concussion Consent Form
- WLCSD Athletic Handbook
For general question about James R. Geisler athletics, please contact assistant principal Jami Rose.
Please contact coaches for sport specific questions. You can find their contacts on our Coaches Information page.
- Academics - Student-Athletes must have a 2.0 grade point average with no more than two failing grades (E).
- Citizenship - Student-Athletes must have a minimum of a 2.5 average in Citizenship and be in good standing with building administration. Building administration can and will exclude athletes from participation if their behavior warrants it.
- Eligibility Submission - Eligibility grades are submitted each Thursday by Teachers; those grades will determine a Student-Athletes' eligibility for the following week.
Pay to Participate
All students must pay $120 per sport ($240 maximum per family) if they make the team. Parents must also complete a Pay to Participate Contract. Payments cannot be made to coaches, and we encourage paying online or to the administration office. Financial assistance is available. Please visit our Pay to Participate page for more information.
All student-athletes must have an up-to-date physical on file in the main office to try-out and practice with any of our sports teams. Students are not permitted to begin practices and/or try-outs until their current physical has been turned in. A physical dated on or after April 15, 2023 is acceptable for this school year.
James R. Geisler Athletic Offerings
|Swimming and Diving
|Track and Field
Athletes will only be transported to their competition with no return transportation. This is for all games both in-district and out-of-district. Athletes will need to arrange their own transportation home after a sporting event. The coach will need a note indicating who the athlete will be riding home with, if it is not their parent or guardian.
All student-athletes must be picked up within 15 minutes from the time practice/game ended. Exceptions will not be made. Having a ride daily is a prerequisite for participating in athletics.
In the classroom, on the field of play and in the community, Geisler Wolves will always demonstrate The Geisler Way.
DIVERSITY - INTEGRITY - COMMUNITY - EQUITY